Individual Counseling in New York City
Chuck Strozier is a highly regarded, published psychoanalyst available for individual counseling in New York City.
Charles B. Strozier - CV
- Bachelor of Arts (Magna Cum Laude) - Harvard (1966); M.A. (1967) and PhD (1971), University of Chicago
- Chicago Institute for Psychoanalysis, 1973-81
- Training and Research Institute in Self Psychology, 1986-1992, Clinical Graduate
Positions & Appointments:
- Training and Supervising Psychoanalyst, Training and Research Institute in Self Psychology (TRISP), New York City, since 1997
- Professor, John Jay College and the Graduate Center, City University of New York (Since 1986)
- Practicing Psychoanalytic Psychotherapist in New York City (Since 1992)
Awards, Recognition & Research Fellowships:
- Pulitzer Prize Nominations (2001 & 2011)
- Finalist, Lincoln Prize (2017)
- Goethe Award from the Section on Psychoanalysis of the Canadian Psychological Association (2005)
- Writer of the Year Award from the Lincoln Library (1982)
- Gradiva Award for the Best Biography in Psychoanalysis in 2001 (Awarded in 2002)
- Vision Award from the National Association for the Advancement of Psychoanalysis (1997)
Memberships & Associations:
- National Association for the Advancement of Psychoanalysis
- Honorary Member of the American Psychoanalytic Association (2006)
"Northern Ireland and The Miracle of Peace: John, Lord Alderdice, and the End of Terrorism"
"Your Friend Forever, A. Lincoln: The Enduring Friendship of Abraham Lincoln and Joshua Speed"
(Columbia University Press, 2016)
"Until the Fires Stopped Burning: 9/11 and New York City in the Words and Experiences of Survivors and Witnesses"
(Columbia University Press, 2011)
"The Psychology of Leadership"
(Springer, 2011) - Senior Editor and Author of Many Chapters with Offer and Abdyli, Eds.
"The PKK: Financial Sources, Social and Political Dimensions"
(Berlin: VDM Verlag, 2011) - With James Frank, Eds.
"The Fundamentalist Mindset: Psychological Perspectives on Religion, Violence, and History"
(Oxford University Press, 2010) - Senior Editor and Author of Many Chapters, with Terman, Jones, and Boyd, Eds.
"Heinz Kohut: The Making of a Psychoanalyst"
(Farrar, Straus & Giroux, April, 2001; Paperback from Other Press in the Spring of 2004)
"Lincoln's Quest for Union: A Psychological Portrait, Revised Edition"
(Paul Dry Books, February, 2001; First Published as "Lincoln's Quest for Union: Public and Private Meanings" (Basic Books, 1982))
"The Year 2000: Essays on the End"
(New York University Press, July, 1997) - Senior Editor with Michael Flynn, Including Introduction and Two Essays
"Genocide, War, and Human Survival" and "Trauma and Self"
(Rowman and Littlefield, 1996) - Senior Editor with Michael Flynn of These Companion Volumes
"Apocalypse: On The Psychology of Fundamentalism in America"
(Beacon Press, 1994)
"Self Psychology and The Humanities: Reflections on a New Psychoanalytic Approach"
(New York: Norton Publishing Company, 1985) - Editor and Collaborator with Heinz Kohut
"The Leader: Psychohistorical Studies"
(New York: Plenum Press, 1984) - Senior Editor with Daniel Offer, Co-Editor and Author of Several Chapters
"The Public and Private Lincoln: Contemporary Perspectives"
(Carbondale: Southern Illinois University Press, 1979) - Senior Editor with Davis, Veach, Ward.
"The Psychohistory Review"
Founding Editor, 1973-1985; Associate Editor and Book Review Editor, 1986-1998